Holland and Company provides estate planning and probate, corporate and land transfers. The existing staff of six assists Lyle Carlstrom.
Holland and Company is located at 1779 Comox Avenue, down a breezeway that runs between the Blue Heron Bookstore and Harbourview Dental clinic. The office is wheelchair accessible from parking on Comox Avenue.
In an effort to flatten the COVID-19 pandemic curve our firm is:
- requesting clients with respiratory problems, or other Corona virus symptoms, to connect with us by phone so we can advance their file safely
- booking appointments at 9, 10 and 11 AM as well as 1:30, 2:30 and 3:30 PM (to promote self-isolation)
- wiping touch areas before each appointment in the office and the hallway leading to it
- making sanitizer available at reception and soap and water in washrooms
- allowing clients to keep pens used for signature
- suspending drop in visits
- allowing the free flow of fresh air wherever possible
- adopting remote work access (where necessary)
- encouraging electronic communications
- using a metal document drop-box and pick-up box
- using a screen in reception
- using a 2 meter signing table and other physical distancing strategies
- communicating our ongoing Covid 19 plan via phone, email, website, Facebook and sandwich board
- calling our clients to provide information about representation agreements for health care
- taping a buffer zone in our reception area
- requiring users to wash their own dishes where appropriate
- making out-of-office visits where appropriate
- outfitting our staff with masks and gloves when requested
- relocating staff work-stations to accord with regulatory requirements
- encouraging clients to wear their own PPE or requesting they wear that provided by our office
- encouraging staff with any Corona virus symptoms, or who have been in direct contact with someone who has tested positive with Covid 19, to isolate and be tested
- requiring staff awaiting test results to self-isolate away from the office
- requiring staff to communicate test results with our practice manager
- obliging all staff to be tested if there are any positive test results
- requesting clients help complete an intake form
- requiring masks be worn by all visitors and staff consistent with PHO order of 19 November 2020
- refusing entry or service if visitors or clients do not wear a mask
- enforcing a mandatory mask policy with both employees and customers.
We trust you find this in order and encourage you to call (250) 339-7977 if you have comments, questions or concerns.